The Kids Minister will lead the Kids Ministry (birth – 5th grade) at Heatherwood Baptist Church. He or she will directly report to the Senior Pastor (or designee). The primary role of this position is to coordinate daily, weekly, and monthly tasks that are critical to the growth, development, care and maintenance of the Kids Ministry.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Uphold the Mission and Vision of Heatherwood Baptist Church.
- Build and develop the Kids Ministry which consists of committed and gifted volunteers.
- Teach during the large group time and involve other teachers as appropriate.
- Partner with worship department for special church-wide worship events.
- Create, coordinate, and implement curriculum for Kids Ministry.
- Oversee all Kids special events (ie: VBS) during the ministry year.
- Disciple, lead, and train existing volunteers for effective ministry within the church.
- Identify, recruit and equip new volunteers for effective ministry within the church.
- Coordinate meetings for team members that include teacher training and opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Develop and implement strategy for whole-family discipleship; working with families to equip and empower parents/families to disciple their children.
- Communicate and implement the church’s approved safety policy and regularly evaluate its use and take necessary steps to put the policy into practice.
Ensure safety and legal compliance within the Kids Ministry (MinistrySafe Training, child protection policy, etc.).
- Assist in the development of an annual departmental budget and manage spending to budget.
- Outreach to the community and Heatherwood Christian School (a ministry of HBC).
- Partner with Heatherwood Christian School intentionally by being involved in ministry related activities.
- Perform other related-duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus
Passionate pursuit of holiness
- Ongoing pursuit of humility
- Highly motivated
- Leadership gifts
- Strong ability to see plans through from start to finish
Flexible and comfortable with change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong collaborative skills
Exceptional relational skills
Organized and detailed
Basic First Aid training. Offer First Aid training for volunteers
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree and/or Seminary Degree preferred
Three to five years (3-5) of experience in Kids Ministry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Volunteer team development experience preferred
Click the the button below to contact our team via email.